The City Engineering Department oversees and/or performs all phases of the design and construction of City projects including:
The department is also responsible for issuing the following:
- Consultant designed and administered projects using Federal, State, and Local funds.
- Yearly street reconstruction projects using Local Option Sales Tax Funds.
- Yearly asphalt overlay projects using Local Option Sales Tax Funds.
- Storm sewer projects.
- Sanitary sewer projects.
- Sidewalk and bike trail repair programs.
- Parking lot projects.
- Bridge repair programs.
- Bike trail projects.
- Flood control system maintenance oversight.
- Driveways, sidewalks and curb cut construction, grade setting and inspection, both new and replacement.
From this department, you can obtain:
- Addresses for new homes/businesses.
- Permits for sidewalks, driveways, and curb cuts (Permits are issued from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. and also from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m., or by appointment).
- Blasting permits.
- Excavation permits for work being done on public right-of-way.
- House moving permits.
- Oversize/overweight load permits.
- Topographical maps of the City.
- Aerial maps of the City.
- Sewer locations.
- Information regarding Sidewalk Repair Program assessments.
- Maps of the City in various sizes (Nominal fees are charged for copies).