Road Construction Press Release 09-23-2022
Interactive Road Construction Map
Waterloo Bridge Replacement Project
PARK AVENUE BRIDGE CLOSURE
Effective immediately (2-28-22), the Park Avenue Bridge will be closed to allow for utility work related to the bridge replacement project. The bridge will remain closed until the work is completed. Motorists and pedestrians are not to move the barricades and access the closed area.
Effective on 4/11/2022 until fall of 2023, there will be posted detour routes for trail, sidewalk, water trail, and vehicles for the Park Avenue bridge replacement project. Click here to view in more detail.
11th STREET BRIDGE
- Closure of the 11th Street Bridge is tentatively planed to being the week of September 19th, 2022.
- E. Shaulis Road is closed from the Lost Island Themepark entrance to the Isle Casino entrance. This closure will be in place until Spring 2023.
- The 4th Street Bridge is currently open but will close on October 4th, 2022 for installation of lighting towers. The pedestrian bridge is closed until December 15 to allow the contractor to perform light installation.
- W. RIDGEWAY AVENUE-PROSPECT BLVD. THRU HILLCREST ROAD INTERSECTION Beginning Monday, August 29, W. Ridgeway Avenue from Prospect Blvd. thru the Hillcrest Road intersection will be closed. A signed detour will be in place. This closure is expected to be in place for approximately two weeks.
- Effective 3/9/2022 the northbound right lane of US-63, from Martin Road to W. 3rd Street, is closed to allow the contractor to install sanitary sewer in the ditch. Lane closure will be in place until October 1.
- University Avenue Reconstruction Project
- LaPorte / Hess Road Reconstruction Project
- Click here for a link to the City of Cedar Falls Construction updates
Waterloo Street Index
Jamie Knutson, P.E., City Engineer
715 Mulberry St.
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4312
Fax: (319) 291-4262
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm