Road Construction Press Release 06-24-2022
Interactive Road Construction Map
Waterloo Bridge Replacement Project
PARK AVENUE BRIDGE CLOSURE
Effective immediately (2-28-22), the Park Avenue Bridge will be closed to allow for utility work related to the bridge replacement project. The bridge will remain closed until the work is completed. Motorists and pedestrians are not to move the barricades and access the closed area.
Effective on 4/11/2022 until fall of 2023, there will be posted detour routes for trail, sidewalk, water trail, and vehicles for the Park Avenue bridge replacement project. Click here to view in more detail.
11th STREET BRIDGE
- Beginning Monday, May 9th, E 10th Street from Sycamore Street to Franklin street will be closed.
- W 10th Street from Cedar River to Commercial Street is also closed.
- Beginning Monday, June 13th, the 4th street pedestrian bridge will be closed for pedestrian access for approximately 6 weeks. Vehicular traffic will NOT be affected during this work which consists of painting the interior of the canopy in preparation of the new lighting to be installed later this fall
- Beginning, Monday, June 6th the north westbound land of W. Ridgeway Ave will be closed at the demolition site of 2101 W. Ridge Ave. The lane closure is expected to be in place less than 2 weeks.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 31st- Ansborough Ave will be closed from Hwy 63 to Upland Drive. Signed detour will be in place. Closure will last approximately 3 weeks.
- Beginning Wednesday, March 23, the outside westbound lane and turn lane to Pheasant Lane off of W. San Marnan Drive will close for work related to the FY 2022 Street Reconstruction Program. This closure will be in place for a couple of days before the next phase of the closure takes place, which will include the turn lane and intersection of Pheasant Lane and W. San Marnan Drive.
- Effective 3/9/2022 the northbound right lane of US-63, from Martin Road to W. 3rd Street, is closed to allow the contractor to install sanitary sewer in the ditch. Lane closure will be in place until October 1.
- University Avenue Reconstruction Project
- LaPorte / Hess Road Reconstruction Project
Waterloo Street Index
Jamie Knutson, P.E., City Engineer
715 Mulberry St.
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4312
Fax: (319) 291-4262
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm