The 2022 Mayor’s Fireworks “Red, White, and Loo” will be bigger and better than ever. Last year a second stage was added at the Riverloop Expo Plaza to double the footprint for more entertainment. This year we are adding even more activities for young and old alike.
Waterloo’s annual fireworks event will take place on Saturday, July 2, 2022 from 5:00pm to midnight along the Cedar River in Downtown with entertainment on two separate stages.
- The Cedar Valley Big Band will kick off the celebration at 5:00pm at the Riverloop Amphitheatre followed by the Waterloo Cedar Falls Symphony Orchestra, with 42 Romeo leading up to the fireworks show shortly before 10:00pm.
- Local favorite Heart Smith will get things started at 6:00pm on the Expo plaza with the Fool House bringing the best of 90’s pop from 8:00pm to approximately 10:00pm.
- The fireworks will light up the skies over the Cedar River beginning shortly before 10:00pm.
- Food and beverage will available at both locations.
- NEW IN 2022 – FAMILY FUN ZONE! The Family Fun Zone will be set up in the North Plaza between the Jefferson and Commercial it will be filled with interactive displays, games, and activities.
- LOCAL TALENT - Fusion Dance, First Crusaders drum corps, Whit & Erica, and Waterloo Community Playhouse ‘Footloose’ cast will be adding to the excitement at both stages between bands.
- The dynamic duo of Amanda Goodman and Tara Thomas will emcee at the Expo stage with local film maker Carson Morrissey leading the show at Amphitheatre stage.
“The Fireworks event brings the community together to celebrate Waterloo and our nation,” says Mayor Hart. “Every year the team brings more and more fun to the evening, making it the best fireworks festival in the state!”
The public is reminded to plan ahead for road closures in the downtown.
The Mayor’s Fireworks event is a collaboration of the City of Waterloo, Main Street Waterloo, and the Waterloo Center for the Arts. The fireworks display is sponsored by John Deere with additional sponsors, AECOM, ISG, and Tyson generously contributing the event.
More information can be found at www.mainstreetwaterloo.org/events/mayorsfireworks.